- The government has been behind the truce all along. President Funes has known from the beginning.
- Munguia Payes and Mijango had spoken about brokering a gang truce throughout 2011 but only had the opportunity to implement it once Munguia Payes replaced Manuel Melgar in November.
- Colindres wasn't the first or obvious choice the lend the Church's credibility to the negotiations. He even turned them down.
- Pollo Campero is really powerful.
- 30 gang leaders were moved all at once because of concerns that their homeboys were going to disrupt the elections. The original plans were that they would be moved in small groups so as not to arouse suspicion. They would also be moved after the elections.
I'll try to finish reading the article today but have a pretty full schedule with classes and meetings. Maybe InSight can translate the article for everyone.